City of Montebello
Montebello’s colorful and romantic history dates back to September 9, 1771, when Father Francesco, the Angel Sora and Father Pedro Cambon founded the original San Gabriel Mission near where San Gabriel Boulevard crossed the Rio Hondo River.
At the direction of Father Zuni Pero Serra, he set up the third mission of the 21st chain. Missionaries flourished under difficult circumstances, but in the end, heavy rains forced the founders to the permanent seat of San Gabriel in 1776.
Monte Belarus originally consisted of Rancho San Antonio, Rancho La Merced, and Rancho Paso de Bartolo. On January 8, 1847, at the Battle of Rio San Gabriel, the last armed conflict took place with Mexico on the banks of the Rio Horn. The heart of La Merseed Lancho, Merseys & Lincoln Avenue. The old adobe was recently restored to its original splendor.
The Italian Civil War, named Alessandro Repetto, by Juan Matias Sanchez cvMain, led Garfield Avenue to a ranch on a hill overlooking his land, about a half mile north of the Pomona Freeway. When Repetto was unmarried and died in 1885, his brother Antonio sold his inheritance to Harris Newmark, Kaspar Cohen, John A. Bicknell, Stephen M. White and IW Hellman. 60,000 dollars, about 12 dollars per acre.
Montebello’s 1,200 acres started in May 1899 and broke away from the sale of New Mark and Cohn. The original 40-acre community site is the first street to the east, 5th street to the west, the Los Angeles Avenue to the north of Cleveland, and the Los Angeles Avenue to the south. Originally, it was named Newmark after the Newmark family. The rest of the area was divided into five acres of plots. The area is named Monte Belo, and it’s a beautiful hill in Italy at the suggestion of a gentleman named William Mulholland. In 1900, Mulholland developed a water system that was integrated into the Montvello Land and Water Company.
Originally an agricultural community, Montbello boasted an ideal climate, productive soil and abundant water. From the early centuries to the 1920s, the region was famous for producing flowers, vegetables, strawberries, and fruits. In 1912, the Monte Carlo Women’s Club sponsored Monte Belo’s first flower show in a high school auditorium.
Driving direction to dental in montebello. Head south toward Elaine Kirchner Ln, Turn left toward Elaine Kirchner Ln, Turn right onto Elaine Kirchner Ln, Turn left at the 1st cross street onto W Beverly Blvd, Turn right
1600 W Beverly Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640