General and preventive dental care
It has been rightly said that prevention is better than cure. And though the importance of brushing and flossing has been reinforced time and again by dentists, people still don’t follow the ideal oral hygiene regimen. The branch of dentistry that deals with the prevention of oral diseases are called preventive dentistry and following are some of the dental procedures that come under this branch.
Use of Ortodonthics:
1. Comprehensive oral examination – your dentist at Bello Dental will perform a thorough examination of your teeth, gums and oral tissues to make sure you don’t have cavities, gum diseases or subtle signs of other diseases such as oral cancer. The screening procedure for oral cancer is altogether different and may involve taking specimen for biopsy from the site of disease.
2. Digital x-rays – a comprehensive oral examination is incomplete without oral radiographs. The radiographs help your dentist at Bello Dental to assess multiple aspects of tooth health such as the extent of caries, root infection, abscess formation, presence of cysts in the bone, bone health, presence of impacted teeth and their orientation, anomalies of root of a particular tooth and many more such things which can only be visible through radiographs. With the introduction of digital x-ray machines, the radiation exposure has been drastically reduced and can be said to be negligible as compared to the obsolete version of x-ray machines. This has not only made the patients safe from radiation exposure but also the dental staff has peace of mind.
3. Sealants – Most teeth have grooves as part of their anatomy. These pits and fissures act as the settlement point of food particles, debris and bacterial plaque which can then initiate caries formation. To prevent it from happening, these pits and fissures are sealed by resins by your dentist at Bello Dental.
4. Fillings – In general practice fillings are placed in teeth for various reasons. Once the cavities are removed, the tooth is restored to its original anatomy using the restorative materials which helps to maintain the function of the tooth.
5. Crowns and bridges – Crowns and bridges are an integral part of general dentistry at Bello Dental and serve multiple purposes. Crowns not only help with tooth discoloration but also provide strength to severely damaged tooth or a root canal treated tooth. Bridges help close gaps between teeth caused by any reason such as gum disease or irreversibly damaged teeth that had to be extracted.
6. Scaling and polishing – Scaling or cleaning procedure is done by your dentist at Bello Dental to remove the soft plaque that forms a layer on the tooth surface and anchors bacterial colonies that damage gums by causing inflammation in them. Scaling also removes tartar that forms once the plaque hardens by mineralization process. This tartar is very detrimental to the health of bone supporting the tooth since it causes bone resorption and eventual loss of tooth.
7. Patient education – The most important aspect of preventive and general dentistry is to educate the patient. This is the most important prophylactic measure in which we believe at Bello Dental. Proper brushing technique is explained to the patient using models and is customized according to each patient’s need since gum surgeries require special technique of brushing and care.
Free Consulting! Call us Now (323) 530-0443
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR EMERGENCY CASE.
On the other hand we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled.