Dental Braces at Bello Dental in Montebello
Dental braces are medical devices used to align or straighten crooked teeth. These are used in the treatment of a number of teeth related problems in orthodontic practice.
In some cases, misaligned teeth braces may not be causing any pathological problem but braces are used for cosmetic reasons. Crooked teeth can lead to malocclusion, under bite, etc. Dental problems might either be genetic or due to any accident.
In children, thumb sucking can be a reason for this. Braces are not only used to get rid of malocclusion, but also to eliminate spaces between your teeth. Aligned teeth are a symbol of beauty and beautiful teeth are necessary for an elegant smile.
Expert dental treatment is needed for the proper placement of dental braces. Insurance of dental braces is also carried out there. Dental braces provide straightened and rightly positioned teeth which guarantee better oral health. Well-aligned teeth also prevent from decay and cavities.
Customized braces are made that fit your teeth the best. Dentists examine and measure the size of your teeth. Previously, metal braces were common which are becoming less prevalent day by day. These are very uncomfortable and may injure your mouth. Now a days, different materials, such as ceramics, plastic, etc. are used which are more comfortable.
Types of Dental Braces:
There are different types of braces and which type is to be used depends upon the condition of your teeth. Following are some types:
- Classic type: these are metal brackets which are glued to your teeth.
- Ceramic braces: these are clear and less visible as compared to classic type of braces.
- Lingual braces: these braces are placed behind your teeth making them invisible from front.
- Aligner trays: these are also known as invisible braces. They can be removed and placed again as and when required.
How to Apply Braces?
- Dental braces are applied in three different phases which are listed below:
- In the initial placement of braces, metallic brackets are glued to your teeth along with arched wires.
- Ring like wires are also used to keep the braces in their place.
- Dental braces are periodically adjusted until desired arrangement of teeth is obtained. You may suffer from a sore mouth for some time after this.
Retainers are used to stabilize your teeth and keep them at place after the removal of braces.
Cleaning Teeth with Braces:
You might find it difficult to clean your teeth with braces. You should be more careful about your oral health when you have braces on. Brush your teeth after every meal to prevent the food from accumulating between the wires and your gums. A fluoride rinse is found to be effective in oral hygiene. Also, avoid food items which can cause damage to the braces. Do not eat candies, chocolates and other sticky foods which not only cause cavities, but also damage the braces.
Use dental floss which can easily reach the space between metallic wires of braces and your teeth. It is advised to visit your dentist after every few weeks to get your mouth cleaned.
Call Bello dental for more detail of dental braces in montebello now!
Free Consulting! Call us Now (323) 530-0443